Friday, December 9, 2011

WordFoto

In the past, I have used Wordle in class but recently have been playing at home with a "WordFoto" app on an I-pad I borrowed from a friend.  WordFoto isn't meant to reconfigure an entire speech or paragraph like Wordle.  Bascially, WordFoto allows you to add words to a photo....hence, "WordFoto." 


At home, I have enjoyed taking photos of my kids and turning them into cards and posters.  One night when I was working on one I got to thinking that the program had some potential to make images of historical figures and places more interesting. Below is a WordFoto made of a Mount Vernon photo.  The original photo is beneath to allow you to compare the two.  






I used a "WordFoto" I created to grab students attention when we started our unit on the Revolutionary War and they seemed to respond well to it.  I will certainly consider using it again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment